Sunday, January 6, 2013

#promptchall Lauren - soap & glory!

 Hi there! I'm Lauren and I blog over at Peachy Curves about make up, accessories, fashion, lifestyle and whatever else takes my fancy! I've only been blogging for a short while and Naomi's #promptchall is the first blogger challenge I've taken part in. I really hope you like my post, I had a lot of fun doing this! So without further ado, my review of the full range of Soap and Glory Super-Colour Fabulipstick Satin Finish lipsticks courtesy of the Wowed Mouth palette:


On Boxing Day I was one of the mental people that went out in search of bargains. One such bargain that I managed to grab from under a dithering woman's gaze was the Soap and Glory Wowed Mouth Palette. Originally £12, it went down to £6 post Christmas at Boots and can still be found if you really wanted it. The amazing thing about this palette is that it contains all six colours from Soap and Glory's Super-Colour Fabulipstick Satin Finish lipsticks, so it is essentially your own little tester stand! You only get 1g of each colour but to be honest, the formulas are gorgeously creamy and thick and you don't need a lot of the product to coat your lips. I know that the amount I have now will certainly last me a while, and then I can purchase my favourite (possibly favourites...) in a full lipstick.


The product comes in a sturdy cardboard case with a magnetic fastening. The packaging is classic Soap and Glory, vintage, fun and girly. It also includes a large mirror and double-ended synthetic bristle lip brush which I've found to be very functional. I actually applied every colour using this lip brush and the only negative I have is that the bristles can be a bit sharp if you catch your lip on the edge. Other than that, it does the job very well! I've never used a lip brush before and but I really liked the effect this one gave me. It also cleans very well and dries quickly without losing bristles or bleeding.

Here's a picture of my bare lips so you know what I was working with:

Pale squidgy pink. I don't have much pigmentation at all. Hello blank canvas!

 Naked Beige
 Guava Rama
 Red My Lips
 The Missing Pink
 Perfect Day
Man Trap

Soap and Glory say: Featuring ULTIMELT™ lip shine & shaping technology, 3-D PLUMP™ peptide complex, Shea Butter, Monoi Butter & Vitamin E. Hyaluronic acid and Ceramide 2 (for aging repair and visible wrinkle reduction) help to give a soft, smooth, dewy, plump colour-fill pout.

I actually like every single colour! I had no idea how the shades would look on my skin but they translated very well from what you see in the palette. Word of warning though, they look absolutely nothing like the swatches on the Soap and Glory website! The colours are actually fairly similar but there's enough variation to keep me entertained. I absolutely adore Naked Beige and The Missing Pink as soft neutrals. I can see these being ideal for things like job interviews (which hopefully I will be seeing at some point!) and just as general daytime lipsticks. The only negative for me colour wise is that Red My Lips was a tad too brown for my complexion but I think it would look gorgeous on a multitude of other skin tones.
Wear time was quite good, around 3-4 hours. I have discovered so far that they transfer onto cocktail glasses and handsome men so there's a high chance they transfer onto everything else. Blotting and powdering would help combat this. Formula wise, as said before, they are all thick and creamy and gorgeous. I can't fault them really. The satin finish means that you do get a slight shine which I find very flattering. I haven't noticed any "plumping" but I have fairly full lips anyway so I'm not the best person to test! I can however say that this comes with none of the strange tingling of the Sexy Mother Pucker lip glosses.

I am utterly in love with this product and I think it's fantastic that I have the chance to try out every colour in the range. Can you imagine if other companies had palettes like this? A full set of MAC lipsticks in 1g portions... I dream of the day.

Have you tried any of the Soap and Glory cosmetics? Which is your favourite product?

Lauren

 Please check out Grace's #promptchall post OOTD here!
Thanks everyone :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That's a lovely palette hun!!!

    I love 'The Missing Pink' on you - it's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete